Brian Hawthorne is a native of Brooklyn, NY. He started his training at two top salons before landing at the Devachan Salon in Soho. He has been with the Devachan team 3.5 years. His passion is hair and the beauty of it.
Mentor — Isabella Vázquez
1. Describe the vision of your Trilogy of Beauty presentation. The vision will bring an edgy touch of sexy and fun trends. I like versatility and I love it on hair.
2. How has your mentor guided/inspired you? I feed off of my mentor's positive energy. I admire the work that she has done and continues to do.
3. What has been the best advice your mentor has given you? Trust my gut. If you second-guess yourself you may lose your own vision, which in return may get confusing.
4. What has been the most memorable moment in your career thus far? The most memorable moment has been the opportunity I was given as a lead assistant at an Oscar de la Renta fashion show. The energy behind the scenes was absolutely amazing in the best possible way. Watching the models on the runway knowing that I had a hand in those looks–it gave me goosebumps.
5. What would be your best piece of advice for future professionals? The best piece of advice I could share would be to study and give it your all while you are in school. Being present is vital! As for recent graduates, get your license, continue to further your education and attend as many classes in this industry. Stay current. Stay humble and appreciative for every opportunity that comes your way.