Patrick Heid, an Artistic Educator for Matrix in Florida, was selected as a finalist in 2013 Spread the Love campaign. As an ambassador for the brand, he traveled across the nation speaking to other beauty school students about the beauty industry and all it has to offer. “I believe that no matter what you dream, it can always come true–I’m living proof of that. I dreamed of going to cosmetology school…and I did. I dream to inspire people…and I will.
1. Describe the vision of your Trilogy of Beauty presentation. What comes to mind when I think about street wear is diverse clothes and sleek hair. It is a genre that is dedicated to any street in every city. Street wear brings out the best in everyone as it is an expression of one's self-creativity.
2. How has your mentor guided/inspired you? Chrystofer Benson is what I consider a well-rounded hairdresser. His work encompasses sleek edgy haircuts, punchy colors, texture to beautiful dress work. He inspires me to become a more, well-rounded hairdresser and master my craft.
3. What has been the best advice your mentor has given you? Chrys has encouraged me to not just learn from one stylist but to look at what each stylist is passionate about. In return you will become more grounded in your craft, grow more and your work will be multi-faceted.
4. What has been the most memorable moment in your career thus far? My most memorable moment so far has been when I had the opportunity to shoot my first NAHA entry for newcomer category in NYC with Chrystofer Benson as my mentor on set. This was a dream come true.
5. What would be your best piece of advice for future professionals? If you are committed to being passionate, driven and hardworking, you can make any dream you have become a reality.