Timmy Willy is quickly gaining recognition in the beauty industry as an up and coming artist. As a Matrix Artistic Educator, Timmy travels to salons across the nation sharing his knowledge on the Matrix brand and his love for hairdressing. Timmy recently relocated to Los Angles to further his career as an Editorial Stylist. Timmy’s work regularly appears on stages across the country, as well as various national publications, most recently featured in Modern Salon and American Salon Magazine.
1. Describe the vision of your Trilogy of Beauty presentation. My vision of Avant Garde is about the whole image and keeping in mind proportion , balance, shape and size. It is not just what you see but how you feel when you see the beauty.
2. How has your mentor guided/inspired you? Nicholas French is the ICON of Avant Garde styling, Nick has taught me that big crazy hair is not what Avant Garde is all about. Avant Grade styling is an art form in and of itself that doesn’t just start and end with hair but it is the entire image.
3. What has been the best advice your mentor has given you? The best advice that Nick has shared with me is how to go about creating a concept by using inspiration from all different art forms and finding beauty in all areas of the world.
4. What has been the most memorable moment in your career thus far? My most memorable moment in my career was my first cover publication for First Chair by Modern Salon in June 2014. I had sent my images in but didn’t know they were selected until I opened my mail and my images were on the cover. First Chair is a publication for recently graduated hairdressers in the beauty industry.
5. What would be your best piece of advice for future professionals? The key to life and success is to ASK questions. Don’t be afraid to ask “How do I make more money?”, “How do I get published?", “How do I become and educator?” If you never ask, you will never know. Attitude is everything.