When it comes to makeup in Las Vegas, Bo Brinkman has been named “The Authority.” Born and raised in Las Vegas, NV, Bo spent his life growing up amazed and inspired by beauty. From an early age, Bo has worked on models, celebrities, executives and the everyday woman. After graduating from beauty school, Bo worked under and was trained in the area of hair color by Kim Vo. Always continuing to share his love of beauty, you can currently find him either working at LOOK Style Society on the famous Las Vegas Strip, or on location for a high-fashion photo shoot or music video. Bo is passionate about inspiring, educating, and sharing his love of beauty with anyone willing to learn.
1. Describe the vision of your Trilogy of Beauty presentation. Our vision is about boundaries and unleashing your inner power to break them. We want to show a world where artists aren’t afraid to be themselves, take chances, and change the way people think and see beauty.
2. How has your mentor guided/inspired you? Diana has been an inspiration by the way she lives her life and loves her work. She has taught me to not second-guess myself and to fully commit to my artistic vision.
3. What has been the best advice your mentor has given you? The best advice that Diana has given me is that education is key. Never stop learning–whether it be from other artists or advanced education–but to always keep expanding our creative minds and constantly challenge ourselves.
4. What has been the most memorable moment in your career thus far? The most memorable moment for me is every day doing what I love. Making people feel better about themselves and love how they look. Whether in the salon, on a shoot or teaching other artists, the best part of this industry is changing lives and lifting people up.
5. What would be your best piece of advice for future professionals? Remember to breathe and take the time to enjoy and love your art. Listen and observe at all times and never stop taking advanced education.